|Home | Freewill History | Church Records | Prominent Figures | Collections | References | About | Events|
Greenleaf Freewill Baptist Church
Organized initially as the East Wrightstown Freewill Baptist church in 1870, the church was renamed the Greeleaf Freewill Baptist church in 1878 and remained active until the merger of the Freewill Baptist church with the American Baptist church in 1911.
As the East Wrightstown church, the congregation began with 32 members under the ministry of Rev. A. Phillips. Phillips continued as pastor of the Greenleaf church until 1891, the year in which membership reached its historic high of 52.