|Home | Freewill History | Church Records | Prominent Figures | Collections | References | About | Events|
Evansville Freewill Baptist Church
The Evansville Freewill church (Rock County) was organized in 1869 with 70 members and served its congregation continuously until 1911. Membership fluctuated from 25 to 117. At its peak from 1900 to 1905, it was one of the largest Freewill churches in Wisconsin.
C. Coltrin and A. H. Huling organized the church, and over the years its pastors included G. S. Bradley, P. Jaqueth, R. W. Bryant, C. H. Kimball, O. R. True, B. F. McKenney, A. J. Marshall, L. W. Gowen, A. D. Sandborn, George E. Moore, J. C. Steele, O. D. Moon, M. C. Miner, Mary Kimball, Alfred B. Parry, Ellen Copp, L. E. Sealey, C. H. Myers and Lyle Hatfield.