|Home | Freewill History | Church Records | Prominent Figures | Collections | References | About | Events|
Marcellon Freewill Baptist Church
The Marcellon church in Columbia County was organized in 1853 with 10 members. The church apparently dissolved in 1858. It was reorganized with 42 members in 1883 and operated continuously from 1883 to 1911.
D. Y. Emerson was the organizing pastor in 1853. D. B. Coffeen and A. J. Pearson were apparently instrumental in reorganizing the church in 1883, and among the churches succeeding pasters were J. J. Hull, O. H. True, William Russell, W. K. Jackson, E. C. Thomson, M. C. Buswell, and O. M. Temple. Temple served asthe church's last pastor from 1906 to 1911.